Welcome to North Bridge House Sixth Form Canonbury
North Bridge House Canonbury is an ‘Outstanding’ independent Senior School and Sixth Form in Islington, dedicated to understanding teens and to helping you maximise your A-Level success. See how you could benefit from small class sizes, more support and exceptional teaching.
North Bridge House Sixth Form: FIND YOUR TRUE NORTH
Sixth Form Life
Our Sixth Form, a leafy retreat just minutes from Islington’s trendy Upper Street, bridges the gap between school and adulthood. The historic Tudor building lends itself to the mature environment in which students appreciate greater independence, whilst we continue to recognise and support your teen needs. As part of a small Sixth Form community, you will take greater responsibility for your learning but will find one-to-one support readily available across the curriculum, together with individualised UCAS, university and careers guidance. From the Bring Your Own Device initiative to the Extended Project Qualification, our unique and contemporary approach sets you apart as senior members of the School, preparing you for your next steps in life.
- Supervised private study helps you to develop the independence and self-discipline required in higher education, whilst keeping you on track to achieve the best results possible at the end of Year 13.
- Alongside one-to-one teaching advice, our ‘World of Work’ initiative provides students with a genuine insight into a vast range of careers. We welcome industry professionals to share their own experiences and answer any questions you may have, helping you to make informed decisions about your future.
- From regular House competitions to the weekly Enrichment Programme, Sixth Form students have plenty of opportunity to develop beyond the academic and are encouraged to pursue leadership roles as well as extra-curricular interests, such as the popular DofE Award.
- Further opportunities to debate, partake in drama and music events, join sports teams and support the local community grow your confidence, skillset and personal achievements.
We offer boys and girls an extensive range of A-Level courses at Sixth Form. In addition to our firm offering of Humanities, Sciences, Languages and the Arts, we will run new subjects each year given sufficient demand – part of our tailored approach to meeting our students’ needs.
Students typically study three A-Level subjects over a two-year syllabus, completed upon assessment at the end of Year 13. This allows for real depth of study as you learn to actually apply your knowledge and can develop a genuine passion for your subjects. Some particularly able students take four A-level courses but everyone has the opportunity to develop in wider areas of interest.
In addition to your A-Level subject choices, you will take the Extended Project Qualification: a standalone qualification, equal to an AS-level, that shows independent research skills and is highly valued by Russell Group universities.
You can choose from the following subject options*:
- Classical Civilization
- English Literature
- Extended Project Qualification
- Further Maths
- Government and Politics
*Courses may vary in availability each year depending on uptake.
Beyond the academic, there is a timetabled enrichment programme focused on developing skills and interests to enhance your university applications but, most importantly, your wellbeing and all-round Sixth Form experience. Each term, Sixth Form students have the opportunity to select a new enrichment activity, ranging from Hispanic Culture to Yoga.