North Bridge House A-Level Policy Statement
North Bridge House Senior Canonbury is a co-educational independent school in Islington, London. The Sixth Form as a whole numbers around 50, and offers an academic curriculum consisting of A-levels without external AS level examinations in most subjects. Only pupils taking Maths or Further Maths sit AS exams.
North Bridge House Senior Canonbury’s A-level policy is that the majority of Year 12 pupils study three A-levels plus the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) in the Sixth Form. A small number of very high ability pupils – usually those who have achieved all Grade 8s or 9s at GCSE – pursue a fourth A-Level rather than the EPQ.
North Bridge House Canonbury’s predicted grades are based on a combination of factors:
- Performance in the end of year internal examinations
- Performance in AS examinations in non-reformed subjects
- Continual assessment of pupil’s performance throughout the Sixth Form so far
- Heads of Faculties’ assessment of a pupil’s academic potential
- The student’s GCSE outcomes
- Performance in AS examinations in Mathematics/ Further Mathematics.